New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Doesn't take keyboard input

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 12, 2021 10:05:15 am EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let us know if you've had a chance to reboot the Host machine after installing Host? In addition, please let us know the following information:
1. Does the issue occurs when connecting to another Hosts from the same Viewer or to the same Host machine using another Viewer installation?
2. Do you have any software that might have access to the keyboard capture installed on any side of the connection?

Looking forward to your reply.
James Sutherland, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 12, 2021 11:28:25 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Yes, the problem persisted after the host was rebooted. Oddly, the behaviour wasn't quite as simple as no keyboard input - it was actually behaving as if the Alt key was held down: for example, F brought up a File menu instead of entering an F in the focussed text box. (Pressing and releasing Alt on the client end made no difference.)
No software that might interfere with keyboard input, though I was accessing the viewer machine via RDP.
Jul 12, 2021 3:37:34 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward the issue to our developers and will ask for their input on this. I'll get back to you with an update on the issue shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated.
Jul 13, 2021 4:50:07 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers - unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue which means that it only manifests itself in some certain circumstances. In this case we can only recommend to reinstall Windows and try installing Remote Utilities on the clean system installation to see if the issue persists (alternatively, you can also use a virtual machine for such purposes). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)