Community

Exception: EIdSocketError Socket Error # 10060

Links used in this discussion
Andy Putra, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 17, 2020 8:59:29 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello sir, pls help when i try config email SMTP on msi configurator i got this problem

Exception: EIdSocketError Socket Error # 10060
Connection timed out.
Send:
Receive:
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jun 17, 2020 5:30:50 pm EDT
Hello Andy,

Thank you for your message.

According to the Windows Sockets Error Codes, the Socket Error # 10060 means the following:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because the connected host has failed to respond.
This could mean that the SMTP server you've specified does not reply in time, so the attempt to connect to the SMTP server fails.

Could you please clarify what SMTP provider do you use and what port do you specify in the SMTP settings window? In addition, please also try changing the port number and see if it works this way.

Looking forward to your reply.
Andy Putra, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 17, 2020 9:39:48 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Im using webmail cpanel, providers name idcloudhost, and im trying to use mailjet too but still not sended, i trying all port sir
Jun 18, 2020 11:37:48 am EDT
Hello Andy,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let me know what version of Remote Utilities do you use? The issue might be caused by the TLS version which was fixed in the 6.12 Beta 2 release as we have implemented a TLS 1.2 support when sending emails using the "SMTP" feature.

In case if you're using version 6.10.10.0 of Remote Utilities or older version, then please try updating to the latest 6.12 Beta 2 version and see if it works for you. Version 6.12 Beta 2 of Remote Utilities is available for the download on this page.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Alex Karakov, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 14, 2021 7:41:26 am EDT
What version of TSL is for SMTP on version 6.10?
Jul 14, 2021 11:00:20 am EDT
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your message.

When using version 6.10.10.0 of Remote Utilities the TLS version for the SMTP is specified automatically, based on what versions are supported by both Remote Utilities and the email provider in use, including version 1.2 as well.
However, please note that we have implemented support of TLS 1.2 for SMTP feature starting version 7.0 of Remote Utilities. You can see the full list of improvements on the Release Notes page.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)