New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

integrated camera does not work on viewer

Links used in this discussion
Geoff Spanik, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 11, 2021 10:35:12 am EDT
Support level: Starter
When trying to connect to a remote  computer using video chat I can see the remote computer but they can not see me. I am running the latest version of remote utilities viewer 7.0.2.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad that has an integrated camera. The camera does work on other programs and remote utilities viewer does see it in the settings. However. it does not transmit the video to the remote computer that is running "remote host 7.0.2.0"
How can I get this to work?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 12, 2021 2:05:23 pm EDT
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if the video capture is enabled for both - local and remote sides? In addition, please make sure that you've selected the respective video device for both sides.
integrated camera does not work on viewer   - 12 Jul 2021 01:58:11
That is, the video device should be selected for both local and remote sides.
For more information please also see this page.

In case if you've enabled the video capture and selected the video device for both local and remote sides, but the issue still persists, please provide us a screenshot of the Voice & Video chat window where local and remote settings would be visible (for example please see the above screenshot).

Hope that helps.
Jul 16, 2021 8:55:31 am EDT
The settings are correct per your reply post. I have checked the remote computer as well as the local computer. Video and Audio capture are both active. (tried to send screen shots but wont upload) I can get the video/audio from the remote computer, yet can not get from the Local computer. Audio does come threw. The Local computer that has the Viewer Program is the computer with the integrated Camera.
Jul 16, 2021 12:28:19 pm EDT
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also double-check if your graphics card drivers are updated to the latest versions on both Host and Viewer machines?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jul 16, 2021 1:26:49 pm EDT
All Graphics cards are up to date.(checked in "Device Manager")
I am using windows 10 pro on both computers with the latest windows updates. I have also tested off sight with other computers that I connect to (all windows 10) and have the same thing they can not see my local integrated camera but can hear me.
Jul 16, 2021 1:33:38 pm EDT
I just tried using Remote Utility's Viewer on another computer and remote to another computer. Worked very well. I do believe that Viewer does not like the integrated camera on my Lenovo ThinkPad X1.
Jul 16, 2021 3:24:23 pm EDT
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward the issue to our developers and will ask for their input on this to see if there's a solution or a workaround we can suggest.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Jul 19, 2021 4:36:20 pm EDT
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our development department - unfortunately, we cannot provide a temporary workaround for this issue yet. However, we plan to implement a few improvements and fixes for the Voice & Video chat mode in our future updates, so, hopefully, such issues will be fixed as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)