Community

Thank you

Links used in this discussion
Vivek Patwardhan, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 21, 2021 9:52:43 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Version 70020
I am a medical researcher and software enthusiast (learning a few things related to network these days..!!)

Just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful software made available free of cost to people like me.

Was surprised to see internet id still works even when behind CGNAT (learned what it is recently when most other DNSS updater failed.

Is there any method/way out to connect to webserver/data server sitting behind hidden/absent public ip using remote utilities...? just curious
Vivek Patwardhan, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 21, 2021 9:55:04 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I mean DDNS...!!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jul 21, 2021 11:41:05 am EDT
Hello Vivek,

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your support.

Is there any method/way out to connect to webserver/data server sitting behind hidden/absent public ip using remote utilities...? just curious

Yes, it's possible to connect to a remote machine located behind firewall/router using Internet-ID connection via our public servers or self-hosted RU Server - you simply need to enable the Internet-ID connection in the Host Settings and generate an Internet-ID code and you're ready to connect. Here's a step by step guide on setting up Internet-ID connection. However, please note that you need to have a single outbound TCP port 5655 or 443 opened on both Host and Viewer machines. For more information on ports used by Remote Utilities please see this page.

Alternatively, you can still connect to a remote Host machine located behind firewall/router directly (i.e. via Direct connection) by settings up the port-forwarding rule.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)