New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

GDI+ "This app is preventing you from shutting down"

Links used in this discussion
Dax Liniere, User (Posts: 17)
Sep 12, 2021 8:35:59 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi there,
On both my previous Win8.1 PC and my newly built Win10 PC, I am getting an error on shutdown most days saying that RFUSCLIENT is preventing it. GDI+ is also mentioned.

What can be done to sort this out? Let me know if you'd like any more information.

All the best,
Dax.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 14, 2021 1:40:41 pm EDT
Hello Dax,

Thank you for your message.

The rfusclient.exe process is a part of Remote Utilities installation and must be running for Remote Utilities to work correctly. For more information please see this page.
As for the error message - could you please try enabling the Use Legacy Capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if it helps to resolve the issue? After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Sep 15, 2021 7:49:56 am EDT
Yes, I know all about RFUSCLIENT, thanks. :)

I'll test the Lagacy Capture mode and get back to you.

Cheers,
Dax.
Sep 15, 2021 9:35:24 am EDT
Hello Dax,

Of course, please feel free to update us on the issue or let us know if it persists so we can investigate it further.

We're happy to help.
Sep 16, 2021 5:57:10 pm EDT
Hi Polina,
Unfortunately I'm still getting the issue even in Legacy Capture mode. System was completely restarted and when I shut it down today, it had the same issue.
I had not connected to that PC remotely (in fact, it's rare that I do, perhaps once every 2 weeks).

What's the next thing I can try for you?

Cheers,
Dax.
Sep 17, 2021 8:52:33 am EDT
Hello Dax,

Thank you for the update on this issue.

In this case, could you please send us a screenshot (or a photo) of the error message that you're getting? This way I can forward the issue to our development department and ask for their input on it. You can post the screenshot right here (please feel free to blur/cover any sensitive information) or send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)