New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Viewer Screen Blank

Links used in this discussion
A S, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 28, 2021 10:17:31 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I’ve just today installed on a new host 7.0.2.0 Windows 10
I reinstalled apps on my android phone and apple iPad also today.

Rebooted host
I can connect using both devices and as I’m testing I’m sitting in front of the host screen. I am able to control the mouse and click etc having desired effect however on both viewers I have a blank screen so effectively blind if I was working remotely.

I believe my graphics drivers are up to date also.
I’ve searched for other ideas but not found anything recent.
Help appreciated thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 28, 2021 4:50:22 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Settings for Host -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart your Host in order for the changes to be applied.

Hope that helps.
A S, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 28, 2021 8:38:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Dear Polina, thank you very much, you are the same person who replied to my last post.
Much appreciated, this worked.
I’m surprised though as I did see this reply for other things but thought it must be out of date due to being a newer release.
Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 29, 2021 9:09:36 am EDT
Hello,

I'm glad to hear I was able to help and it works for you now!

The Legacy capture mode usually helps to resolve similar issues as it uses a slightly different screen capture method as Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 required us to implement certain modifications to the screen capture mechanism.

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)