Community

[resolved] MSI email notifications

Links used in this discussion
t2klh, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 12, 2012 10:49:00 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I create a msi with a @verizon,net email notification and the email is not sent. but if I create one with one of the temp email sites it comes in 2 seconds!! I have put remoteutilities.com into the do not block list on my verizon email.
The MSI works just wont send the emails to verizon.net???

Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Sep 12, 2012 11:27:14 am EDT
Hello,

There are no limitations in the program as for sending an e-mail. Did you check your Junk folder in the Verizon account?
t2klh, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 12, 2012 12:40:48 pm EDT
OK My verizion account I have setup with a default email and an alias email. it did not like the alias email but the default email worked fine!!

Thanks.
nikkil, User (Posts: 46)
Dec 31, 2012 12:28:04 pm EST
Nice to know. Any reason perhaps on why it does not accept the alias?
Niles Foster, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 08, 2021 12:45:39 pm EDT
Not sure if I have the same issue. I create an MSI using the MSI Configurator and send a test emails which sends and I recieve without issue. Howver, during the installation I never recieve the email to get the Internet-ID.

Please advise.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Oct 08, 2021 2:46:01 pm EDT
Hello Niles,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you're installing the Host via the custom installation package on a machine where a previous Host installation or its traces exist, i.e. if the previous installation was not uninstalled or was uninstalled completely as described in this tutorial? If this is the case then this is expected behavior and you do not receive emails since Host is being installed not from scratch, i.e. the email with access credentials is only generated if it's a clean Host installation on a specific machine and all following installations do not generate an email after that.
Please try uninstalling Host or removing the traces of any previous Host installations as described in this full uninstallation tutorial. After this please try restarting your machine and then installing Host once again using your custom installer. This way, the installation process will be carried over as if it's a clean installation, so the email should be generated and sent to your specified address.

In addition, in cases when installing over an existing Host installation please also make sure to enable the When updating existing Hosts, overwrite their Internet-ID code with the generated code checkbox as well as the Automatically generate Host password checkbox on Step 3: Advanced options -> "Internet-ID" tab of the configuration process. These checkboxes ensure that if you use your custom installer over an existing Host installation, new access credentials are generated and sent to your specified email address.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)