New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Cannot see desktops of systems with monitor off

Links used in this discussion
Bill Allen, User (Posts: 16)
Dec 02, 2021 10:25:58 am EST
Although I can see a preview of a system desktop without the remote system monitor on, I cannot set it in View Only or Full Control modes. Why is that? Is there a setting I can change to fix this? version is 7.0.2.0

Best Regards,
Bill Allen
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 02, 2021 11:26:14 am EST
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied. This should fix the issue with the black screen for headless Host machines/machines with their monitor off.

Hope that helps.
Dec 02, 2021 11:28:57 am EST

Bill Allen wrote:

Although I can see a preview of a system desktop without the remote system monitor on, I cannot set it in View Only or Full Control modes. Why is that? Is there a setting I can change to fix this? version is 7.0.2.0

Best Regards,
Bill Allen

Bill Allen wrote:

Best Regards,
Bill Allen

Adding some pictures for clarification.
~Bill
Attached Files
Cannot see desktops of systems with monitor off Cannot see desktops of systems with monitor off
Dec 02, 2021 11:46:10 am EST
Hello Bill,

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

Yes, this is a known issue which was mostly fixed in the most recent updates and only occurs rarely. Enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature as described above usually helps to resolve this specific issue as well. Please try enabling it and see if this helps.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Dec 03, 2021 1:34:47 pm EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the  Use legacy capture mode  feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied. This should fix the issue with the black screen for headless Host machines/machines with their monitor off.

Hope that helps.

That fixed it. Thanks!
~Bill
Dec 03, 2021 2:07:06 pm EST
Hello Bill,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have any questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)