Community

When host was last online; Email notification when host is back online

Links used in this discussion
Filip Xenith, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 19, 2021 3:09:34 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi All,
I'm testing RU for remote connection to a server powered by Photovoltaic Array and Batteries.

This is a Photo Voltaic array site that tends to go offline in the winter when snow covers the panels. I've been trying to do some bug fixes work over the last few weeks, but can't just rely on the desktop notification to notify me when the system is back online to connect to it. I do have some extra monitoring via PRTG that sends me an email when the system is alive,  but due to a slow ISP connection, it might take another 15- 20 minutes for my viewer to show me the host is online and ready to connect.

Few questions:
1. How can I check when the host was last online - so I know if this was 10 min ago or 10hrs ago?
2. Can I get an email notification when the host is ready to connect to?
3. Can I at least get a loud Audio notification when the host is ready to connect (like I get from  [censored] )
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Dec 20, 2021 11:05:52 am EST
Hello Filip,

Thank you for your message.

1. How can I check when the host was last online - so I know if this was 10 min ago or 10hrs ago?

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not support the "last online" feature yet. However, we already have it on our roadmap, so it will be definitely implemented in our future updates. Unfortunately, we can't provide any specific ETA on this yet.

2. Can I get an email notification when the host is ready to connect to?

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not support an email notification feature. However, you can enable the Notify me when connection is online option in the Viewer Options -> View tab if you're not using it yet. This feature will send a desktop notification when connection appears online.

Can I at least get a loud Audio notification when the host is ready to connect

Unfortunately, sound is not supported within the existing "Notify me when connection is online" feature. I will forward this to our development department for a review to see if we can add the sound support in our future support. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)