New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Server access gone

Links used in this discussion
Jim, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:06:57 am EST
I have multiple connections that use my local server and multiple connections that use the RU server.  All of my RU connections suddenly are unavailable.  I checked the site that supposedly identifies whether the RU server is UP, and it says it is.  It must be down, since none of my RU connections are functioning.  What can I do?
Alain Paradis, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 22, 2021 9:09:39 am EST

Jim wrote:

tions are functi

Same problem here, and it's not MalwareScrap since I'm not using it on my computers... and my RU server is locally on the same network where my laptop is, and can't aaccess any RU connection using Internet-ID
Edited:Alain Paradis - Dec 22, 2021 9:12:07 am EST
Alain Paradis, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 22, 2021 9:25:27 am EST
Just tried it again and it started working...
Jim, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:26:55 am EST
The computers are in the Online category in yellow, but logons fail, putting them into the Offline/Unknown category.  They'll eventually come back as Online, but still won't connect through the RU server when logons are attempted. I remember having this issue once before and it eventually returned to normal, but I'd really like to know if RU is working on the problem.  Do they even know it exists?  They don't allow me to email them.
Tyler Vipperman, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 22, 2021 9:29:07 am EST
I'm in the same boat. Can't login, can't update hosts.
Edited:Anon1994 - Dec 22, 2021 9:31:11 am EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 22, 2021 9:42:10 am EST
Hello Everyone,

Our servers are up and running, there were no downtimes.  According to our monitoring data the last time there was a downtime (a few minutes for maintenance) was 15 days ago for one server.

Just in case we have restared our servers now. Please, let me know if the issue persists.

It could also be issues with a certain geographical segment of the Internet or a DNS resolution issue for certain users. Anyway, let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

o they even know it exists? They don't allow me to email them.

The problem you describe did exist some time ago, but it has long been gove. What version of Remote Utilities do you use?

Of course, you can send us an email ) You can always contact us at support@remoteutilities.com . As a paid license user you can also use tickets. The benefits of tickets is that there's everything in one place and different support techs can easily access the history for the ticket and pick up the conversation when needed.

Thanks.
Aleur Smith, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:42:21 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Install the server locally  to test with local ID and it doesn't work either,

it only works with direct connection via local IP
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 22, 2021 9:46:12 am EST

Aleur Smith wrote:

Install the server locally  to test with local ID and it doesn't work either,

it only works with direct connection via local IP

Do you mean "host" (in terms of RU modules) when you say server? That is, not RU Server, right?

We could test right now if you wish. Feel free to send us an email to support@remoteutilities.com, we'll run Host on a test machine and give you access. Let's see if you can see that machine in your Viewer.

Perhaps, it's indeed either an antivirus issue or some perimeter security software (including on the ISP site) is blocking access to our servers. That's the best explanation that comes to mind. Again, this happened before (the ISP Orange, for example).
Anon1994, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 22, 2021 9:47:12 am EST
Everything seems to be working now. That was odd.
Aleur Smith, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:48:05 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I did install a RU server locally.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)