New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Server access gone

Links used in this discussion
Aleur Smith, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:49:17 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Same as Anon1994. start working now.
Jim, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 22, 2021 9:52:46 am EST
After downloading the most recent Viewer Update and doing Simple Updates to my Hosts, my Remote Server is working again.
Alain Paradis, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 22, 2021 10:08:45 am EST
Still no go for me... weird thing is that on all of my connection on my RU server (local) 2 are working, all others RU Hosts are not working, with the message window Unable to connect, retrying in x seconds
Tried restarting the server that hosts the RU Server, restarted the computer which has the RU Viewer (my laptop), no luck.
Updated one of the host manually to 7.1, can't connect... tried Simple Update on some hosts, can't connect.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 22, 2021 11:17:20 am EST
Hello Alain,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if your RU Server is updated to the latest version 3.1 as well? In case if it's not updated to the latest version yet please try updating it as well, so that your Host, Viewer and RU Server versions all match since some new additions were implemented to the RU Server in the latest update as well.
The latest version of RU Server 3.1 is available for download on this page.

Please let us know if the issue persists after updating RU Server as well.
Alain Paradis, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 22, 2021 11:19:47 am EST
Yes, everything is updated to the latest version, license is installed on the RU server and in my viewer...
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 22, 2021 11:24:31 am EST
Hello Alain,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case, could you please send us the latest Host log files for examination (i.e. one of the Hosts that you connect to via your custom RU Server)? You can locate them in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\.
You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com or create a ticket in the Ticket System and attach the logs to the ticket.

Looking forward to your reply.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 22, 2021 11:28:56 am EST

Alain Paradis wrote:

Yes, everything is updated to the latest version, license is installed on the RU server and in my viewer...

Quick question regarding the RU Server license. Is it installed in Server configuration -> License tab (the correct place to put the server's own license) . Not to be confused with Admin Console -> File -> License key depoyment, which is used for sharing a license key between Viewers via the server.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)