New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

View 7.1.0.0 - Terminal mode crashes

Bill Allen, User (Posts: 16)
Dec 22, 2021 9:13:47 pm EST
I just upgraded viewer and hosts to 7.1.0.0. I am finding the almost every attempt to establish the updated Terminal mode crashes, both CMD and PS attempts, and in both contexts. Every great once in a while the connection makes ok. I would say it is about 98% of the time a fail. The Terminal windows tries opens then immediate closes out with a crash. No error messages appear. I have attached a log for your inspection. This is Viewer on Windows 11. Viewer on Windows 10 seems to work just fine.
Attached Files
View 7.1.0.0 - Terminal mode crashes
Dec 22, 2021 10:12:58 pm EST
BTW, this Windows 11 is build 22000.376.

Bill
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 23, 2021 8:23:53 am EST
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your message and for letting us know.

We will test this out to see if we're able to reproduce this issue and implement a quick fix for it in the nearest update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.
Dec 24, 2021 2:58:23 pm EST
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please also let us know what is the OS of your remote Hast machine and its exact build as well? If the issue occurs when connecting to a few Hosts, then please let us know the OS and build for all of those remote machines.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 27, 2021 11:49:17 pm EST
Pauline,

I am sorry I have not had a chance to get the additional information to you. However, it appears that the 7.1.1.0 release has completely resolved the issue on all systems that I have tried. Many thanks!
~Bill
Dec 28, 2021 7:55:05 am EST
Hello Bill,

I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved and it works for you now!

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or need our further assistance. We're always happy to help.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)