New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Mouse scroll broken on host after installing version 7.1.0.0

Links used in this discussion
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Dec 26, 2021 5:35:05 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Using viewer and host v 7.0.2.0, the mouse scroll wheel would scroll windows on the host.  Since upgrading to v 7.1.0.0, that no longer works.  
The mouse wheel *does* scroll other windows on the viewer machine, but *not* windows on the host connected to with the viewer.
This happens with two different viewers and two different hosts, all usung Windows 7.
Further upgrading to v 7.1.1.0 has not changed this behaviour.
I have not had the opportunity to revert to v 7.0.2.0 to see if the problem goes away.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 27, 2021 9:58:54 am EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

We will try to reproduce the issue with the mouse scroll when using the latest version of Remote Utilities on Windows 7 to see if we can reproduce it and implement a quick fix. Could you please let us know what are the exact builds of all Viewer and Host machines where the issue occurs?

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 27, 2021 3:40:12 pm EST
Hi Pauline
I'm getting together the info you requested, both for the machines I had already tried, and also for some others where I have not yet upgraded Viewer and Host.
I normally use stretch view, or normal view if the entire host desktop fits in the viewer window.  During data gathering I needed to use Normal view where the host desktop was bigger than the viewer window (so as to get legible text!).  In that mode, with Viewer 7..0.2.0, the scroll wheel scrolls the selected Host wiindow (e.g a browser or a document), but with Viewer 7.1.0.0 or 7.1.1.0, the scroll wheel vertically scrolls the Host desktop within the Viewer window.  This behaviour seems to be independent of the Host version in use.
Details of machine builds and Viewer and Host installs and behaviour to follow, if you still want them.
Peter.
Dec 27, 2021 4:03:18 pm EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case, could you please also let us know if you have the Advanced mouse scroll feature in the Connection Properties -> Mode tab enabled in any of the cases?

Details of machine builds and Viewer and Host installs and behaviour to follow, if you still want them.

Yes, please feel free to provide the details whenever it's possible - this way I will be able to forward the information on the issue to our developers.
Last but not least, if it's also possible to record a short video featuring the issue, it would be very helpful as well. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 27, 2021 4:41:22 pm EST
Hi Pauline.
I've not checked all the combinations, but for all those I have checked, Advanced Mouse Scroll is enabled,
In the list below, Scroll works means the selected application on the host is scrolled; Scroll fails meand it is not, but the host desktop may be scrolled within the viewer window.
H4, C4 etc. are the various machines.  There are others with the problem, but they are remote from me.
Video capture is more than I can cope with at this tme of night (9:40 pm).

H4: Intel Pentium 4 Win XP Pro (v2002) SP3 32 bit
Viewer 7.0.2.0, Host 7.0.2.0
Viewing H5: Scroll works
Viewing S1: Scroll works
Viewing HL: Scroll works

C4: AMD Athlon Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Viewewr 7.1.1.0, Host 7.1.0.0
Viewing H5: Scroll fails
Viewing S1: Scroll fails
Viewing HL: Scroll fails

H5: Intel Pentium dual core CPU (E5200) Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Viewer 7.0.2.0 Host 7.1.1.0
Not directly accessible to use Viewer, working indirectly via H4
Viewing C4: Scroll works
Viewing S1: Scroll works

S1: Intel Pentium dual CPU (E2220) Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Viewer 7.1.0.0, Host 7.1.0.0
Not directly accessible to use Viewer

HL: AMD E2-1800 APU Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Viewer 7.1.0.0, Host 7.1.0.0
Viewing H5: Scroll fails
Viewing S1: Scroll fails
Viewing C4: Scroll fails
Dec 28, 2021 8:42:25 am EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward the issue to our development department to see if we're able to reproduce the issue.

I will keep you updated on the issue and will get back to you shortly.
Stephen Dix, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 04, 2022 4:01:43 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello - I am also having the same issue after upgrading to version 7.

Advanced Mouse Scroll is enabled.
Johnny Fedup, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 05, 2022 3:26:04 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I'm having the same issue, with the host on Widows 10 and the viewer on Windows 7. I have found that toggling the advanced mouse option off and on within the connection window can usually get it working, but click on anything outside of the scrolling area and it invariably stops working again.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 05, 2022 6:57:23 pm EST
Hello Everyone,

We have been testing this recently and managed to reproduce the bug. The issue was caused by an updated  third-party library. We had to update our code to compensate.

Anyway, the fix will be available in the next update which is due in a week or two.  

Thanks.
Jan 15, 2022 11:53:03 am EST
Hello Conrad.

I've installed Viewer 7.1.2.0 on one of my Win 7 machines, and can confirm that the scroll wheel problem has been fixed.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)