New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

After install,

Links used in this discussion
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Dec 23, 2021 7:26:08 pm EST
Support level: Starter
After a re-install, the taskbar icon is left in a bad state.
The old desktop icon is still on the desktop.
Attempt to pin that icon does not update the taskbar.
I have to go into the windows menu, into the viewer folder, drag the icon
to the desktop, until the old icon, and pin the new icon.
The installation needs some work.
Attached Files
After install,
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 24, 2021 9:25:24 am EST
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you've tried uninstalling following this complete uninstallation guide? I've just tried to reproduce the issue but everything works as expected.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 24, 2021 5:16:08 pm EST
I have not used that procedure.  But nearly every time I've updated I've been left with this scenario.
I did not do an unistall, I allowed the installation to replace the current version.
Windows 10, fairly fresh install.
Dec 24, 2021 5:17:08 pm EST
I'll bet I could reinstall here and do a screen record to show you that it happens.
Dec 24, 2021 5:17:53 pm EST
Correction, I've seen it on Win10 and Win7.  The screen shots were from a Win7 machine.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 27, 2021 1:07:41 pm EST
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue yet. However, if you're able to reproduce it and record a screencast it will be very helpful. If this is possible, please feel free to send us the video of the issue to support@remoteutilities.com. In addition, when sending the video please specify the exact OSs and builds of the machines where the issue occurs.
Last but not least, please make sure that you're installing the latest version of Remote Utilities (7.1.1.0 as of this writing) which is available for download here.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)