Community

Top toolbar missing on remote viewer

Links used in this discussion
Graham Wilson, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 30, 2022 4:36:36 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Sometimes when I am using the viewer on my laptop to remotely access my PC at home, the tool bar at the top disappears and I haven't found a way to  get back to my local desktop other than to hold the power button to shut down my laptop and then restart it.   I use the viewer in full screen stretch mode as the screen is small and this is the easiest to see with my aging eyes.

I have tried a restart of the the remote computer (from the Start menu) but this just leaves me with a screen that I haven't found a way to get out of.    Ctl/Alt/Del brings up the remote Task Manager rather than the local one so that is no help either

Is there another way to get this toolbar back or to disconnect the remote session  with  some other key combination

Thank you
Graham Wilson
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jan 30, 2022 6:59:30 pm EST
Hi Graham,

Thank you for your message.

The toolbar will show up if you move your mouse cursor towards the top edge of the screen for 1-2 seconds. However, if it doesn't work still please let us know and we'll test it and see if we can reproduce it.

By the way, you can cycle through view modes (Windowed, Full Screen, Full screen stretch etc.) if you press F12 on your keyboard. Also, see other useful keyboard shortcuts.
Graham Wilson, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 31, 2022 1:15:12 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks Conrad,

Hovering at the top of the screen doesn't get the tool bar back even though I have tried the mouse cursor in various positions.      I note that the "Pin" gadget is activated all the time (when the tool bar is present after a restart) and I can't toogle that off.

The F12 and other keyboard shortcuts that you gave at least give me a work around saving me from having to forceably shutdown my laptop.

I also have the Viewer installed on a Intel Compute Stick, also running W10s and this doesn't have any issue with the tool bar disappearing.   The only issue with the Compute Stick is that it is way to slow for remote access.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jan 31, 2022 3:20:02 pm EST
Hello Graham,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please check if you have the Tabbed view checkbox enabled in the Viewer Options -> Remote Screen tab? If it's disabled, please try enabling this option on and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)