New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Connections suddenly not working via Internet-ID but do work with LAN

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Feb 01, 2022 4:38:43 pm EST
Hello Russ,

Thank you for your message.

Please make sure that you're using the latest version of Remote Utilities 7.1.2.0 which is available for download on this page. If you use version 6 of Remote Utilities, please note that access to our public Internet-ID servers was discontinued for version 6 of RU, and in order to continue using the Internet-ID connection method you need to update your RU installation to version 7. For more information please also see this page.
In addition, please note that the duplicated threads on the forum have been removed according to our forum rules. Please avoid creating multiple threads, as we always make sure to reply to our users. Thank you for your understanding.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Frederico Fonseca, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 01, 2022 6:04:13 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

Can you please advise how I can upgrade a remote host now? this change prevents me from connecting to my remote pc - and trying to do the simple install also fails.

While I agree with the explanation given you should allow for the remote install to be performed when the remote host is still version 6 - not doing this in some cases, like mine, means I will not be able to upgrade the host without physically traveling to another country to set it up.
Not happy.

Edit: for cases like mine you could supply a 2 or 3 days paid license to enable the users with similar issues as I have to do the upgrade.
Edited:Frederico Fonseca - Feb 02, 2022 5:02:50 am EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Feb 02, 2022 6:51:35 am EST
Hi Frederico,

You gave us an excellent idea. Please, send a message to our support@remoteutilities.com and we'll give you a provisional 5-day key so that you are able to upgrade your remote Hosts.

Thanks.
Frederico Fonseca, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 02, 2022 7:06:46 am EST
Hi Conrad,
Thanks for quick reply.

Email sent now.

there are other threads on forum with similar issue - would probably be helpful for them to reply to their threads with similar reply.

Regards

Frederico
Russ, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 02, 2022 9:40:05 am EST
Just to clarify, both the Viewer and the Host must be on 7.1.2.0?  My Viewer is, but not every Host would be.  For obvious reasons, I don't want the remote end being able to install/update software on their own, and I only remote into them when there is an issue.  If they've been working fine for several months, then they are still going to be on whatever version was available at the time I installed it.
If all the Hosts also must be on 7.1.2.0, is there a way to batch upgrade everyone in my address book?  (Assuming the Hosts are not able to connect to your servers and therefore I can't remote update the way we normally would inside the Viewer.)
Edited:Russ - Feb 02, 2022 10:04:01 am EST
Russ, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 02, 2022 12:47:44 pm EST
If you end up in this thread, it looks like they have resolved the problem and provided instructions here:  https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/forums/forum1/2166-how-to-upgrade-to-version-7-if-i_m-a-free-license-user_

I've gone through their instructions myself and shared the info with colleagues, and everyone I've worked with is having success with this solution.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Feb 02, 2022 2:21:36 pm EST
Hello Frederico and Russ,

Thank you for your patience.

We've responded to your emails in order to avoid duplication.

Russ, I'm glad to hear it works for you!

Frederico, just in case if the email haven't reached you, please follow this quick step-by-step guide on upgrading to version 7 that Russ have also linked above.

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)