New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

set local cursor shape to point not applied on transfer from view only

Links used in this discussion
john kumpf, User (Posts: 82)
Feb 02, 2022 1:42:24 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
This was true in v6.10.10.0 and also now in v7.1.2.0:

If I start a session view only there is only the local cursor and it is an arrow. This is as expected.

If I have in my remote settings / remote connection properties under Cursor -> Local mouse pointer -> Set local cursor shape to point, and then I switch fr om view only to full control, the local cursor stays as an arrow; it does not change to a point.

And the remote arrow appears--that part is expected.

If I then click connection properties, and just immediately click 'OK' it re-applies, and my local cursor changes to point.

If I start the session originally as full control, the local cursor is a point.

So it's only in the sequence of start view only then change to full control where it does not respect the "set local cursor shape to point" setting.
Feb 02, 2022 1:44:18 pm EST
Admittedly, this is a minor issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 02, 2022 3:36:17 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this in our environment to see if we can reproduce the issue and implement a fix for it.

I'll get back to you shortly with an update on this issue.
Jul 30, 2022 3:30:45 pm EDT
Curious as to if there's an update on this. Since the development team has been busy with MacOS/Linux, I doubt it. And those are certainly important developments so I understand.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 01, 2022 7:28:31 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue in our environment. Could you please try updating your Host and Viewer to the latest version 7.1.5.0 and see if the issue still persists when using the latest version? Please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version in order to avoid version mismatch that can lead to performance issues or some features not working/not working as expected. You can update your Viewer and Host via the Simple Update feature.
In addition, please make sure that you click the Apply button in the connection properties window after changing the cursor shape to a point in order to submit the changes.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)