New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] How to upgrade to version 7 if I'm a free license user?

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 03, 2022 4:52:19 pm EST
Hello Josua,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try using this Microsoft tool that helps you to automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing, removing or updating programs and see if this helps to resolve the issue? You just need to download the tool, run it and follow the steps provided by the wizard.

Hope that helps.
Louise Howard, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 04, 2022 5:10:30 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I have followed your instructions and get the same thing again. Added the license back in, tried to connect to PC (Which shows as online) and get "Unable to connect. Attempt: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" then device shows offline.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Mark Bater, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 04, 2022 10:26:30 am EST
Hi Pauline,

Tried what you advised but remained the same (2 hosts offline). However looked this morning and one of the hosts was online and I was able to connect normally but the other host remained offline. Went out for a few hours and when I returned both hosts were again offline and refused to connect.

This is weird because both hosts are exactly the same computers and are located in the same premises but not the same premises as the viewer computer. So I think the problem must be with the host update.

I uninstalled the version 7 host and reinstalled version 6.10 on one of the host computers and it comes back online and I can connect if I use the Temporary key on viewer.

I look forward to your reply.
Feb 04, 2022 4:02:19 pm EST
Hello Louise and Mark,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Could you please provide us the latest Host logs and Viewer log files for examination? You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mark Bater, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 05, 2022 6:15:21 am EST
Hi Pauline,

I have emailed the requested log files (2 x host, 1 x viewer). However looked again this morning and 2nd host computer is online and I was able to connect normally but the 1st host remained offline, the opposite to yesterday.

I look forward to your reply.
Feb 07, 2022 7:05:35 am EST
Still experiencing the same problem from my side. Logs have been sent in an email as requested.
Feb 07, 2022 4:45:54 pm EST
Hello Mark and Louise,

Mark, thank you for the provided log files. We will examine them and forward to our developers for further investigation, if necessary.

Louise, unfortunately, it seems that we haven't received an email with your log files. Could  you please try resending it to support@remoteutilities.com once again?

Thank you.
Feb 08, 2022 6:02:25 am EST
I have now re-sent the logs, can you confirm you have received them and they are not in your Junk or Spam filtering?
Feb 08, 2022 4:32:31 pm EST
Hello Louise,

Thank you for resending the log files.

Yes, we've received them this time, but somehow your email still ended up in the spam folder.
However, I've examined the log files you provided and it seems that your Host haven't been upgraded to the latest version 7.1.2.0 yet, i.e. the logs display that the Host is currently at the version 6.10.10.0.
Could you please try upgrading it via the Simple Update feature as described in the first post in this thread and see if you're able to connect to it after the upgrade?

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 09, 2022 4:58:02 am EST
Hello,

It looks like we are now able to download the new Host version from your website (Whereas we could not before) and this now works for my users.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)