New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Problem connecting

Links used in this discussion
Jane Hunt, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 16, 2022 2:00:54 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
On my laptop viewer I can see that the remote pc is Online, but when I try to connect I get the 'Unable to connect' message. The host log shows nothing.

I have tried to ping id.remoteutilities.com on both computers and get no response. To rule out firewalls/isp blocking etc I tried ping from another web server I have access to - still nothing.
I also tried a ping test on this site https://www.site24x7.com/ping-test.html which also doesn't work.
Problem connecting - 16 Mar 2022 01:59:39

Is there something wrong with the id.remoteutilities.com site?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 16, 2022 5:06:00 pm EDT
Hello Jane,

Thank you for your message.

Our servers are up and running and there were no recent downtimes. Could you please let us know what version of Remote Utilities are you using on both Host and Viewer machines?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jane Hunt, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 16, 2022 5:30:13 pm EDT
Hi Pauline
On viewer I am on version 7.1.2.0, that's on a windows 10, the host is version 6.10.10.0 and is on a windows 7 machine.
Thanks
Jane
Jane H, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 17, 2022 5:07:03 am EDT
All working now, I reinstalled the host and that did the trick.
Still can't ping id.remoteutilities.com though - don't know if I need to be able to do that?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 17, 2022 1:36:26 pm EDT
Hello Jane,

Thank you for your message.

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now! The issue had occurred because your remote Host wasn't updated to version 7 and we've discontinued the Internet-ID feature in version 6 for free license and trial period users starting February 1, 2022. For more information please also see this page.

Still can't ping id.remoteutilities.com though - don't know if I need to be able to do that?

Yes, we've temporarily disabled the ping. However, all servers are up and operate normally. You can also check the servers availability on this page.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)