Community

Open/Launch Viewer From Debian Terminal

LTR, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 10, 2022 9:15:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi
I installed the viewer in Debian but cannot get the UI to launch/open from the Terminal.

Listing all installed programs shows "remote-utilities-viewer" is among the programs installed but i just cannot get it to launch/open. I have tried the following, both which fail:
remote-utilities-viewer
sudo remote-utilities-viewer

The program has definitely successfully installed and it's not like it attempts to load and shows errors, i just don't know the command to launch/open the program from the Terminal.

Please advise

Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Apr 11, 2022 3:51:02 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I've forwarded this issue to our developers and asked for their input on this in order to provide you with the most accurate information on how you can launch Viewer's UI this way. I'll get back to you with an update on this as soon as I hear back from our development department.

Thank you.
Apr 15, 2022 11:39:40 pm EDT
Thanks Pauline, i look forward to their reply.
Apr 18, 2022 5:30:14 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Please try launching Viewer via Terminal by typing in simply "Viewer" instead of "remote-utilities-viewer" when launching it and see if it works this way. In addition, please note that if Viewer is installed in a directory added to your "$PATH" variable, Linux will search $PATH for the program and launch it automatically. In case if the installation directory is not added to $PATH, please try specifying the location by navigating to it inside the Terminal via the "cd " command.
Alternatively, please also consider running Viewer via its respective icon instead.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Apr 18, 2022 8:42:14 pm EDT
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Unfortunately "Viewer" didn't work but after further tinkering around I found it to be:
r-viewer
Apr 19, 2022 11:27:01 am EDT
Hello,

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)