New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

One viewer can't log in to a machine, others can.

Links used in this discussion
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Apr 28, 2022 12:23:53 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
version 7.1.2.0 on all machines.
Yesterday we could connect, today this one machine can't connect to a host ,
but other hosts can.
However, I did notice yesterday that the connections fr om this viewer that were in full control mode,
would momentarily disconnect and go black and white.
Today, on problem viewer, the host shows up as online. Connection attempt takes a long time then gives up and the host is shown offline.
I have a log file to send.   Tell me wh ere you would like it to go.
Apr 28, 2022 12:25:25 pm EDT
Sending file to support... look for it now.
Gretchen Kelly, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 28, 2022 2:34:54 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I had the same issue this morning (and still), yet one person could log in remotely to her specific computer.  She had logged in at 8am this morning and the other attempts to other computers were much later.  Once she logged out and went to lunch, she came back and could no longer log in either.  We had already tried all of the normal things- rebooting, checking IDs, etc.  Multiple attempts at authentication til time out.  Once in awhile I get the world map, but then the computer completely locks up at that point.  I also noted that the computer connections kept vacillating between being online and offline even though each computer remained online in actuality.
Edited:Gretchen Kelly - Apr 28, 2022 2:57:58 pm EDT
Apr 28, 2022 3:45:20 pm EDT
Just tried again. Same thing.  I suppose its RU's connection server.  No response yet on my email I sent them.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 28, 2022 5:34:00 pm EDT
Hello Douglas and Gretchen,

Thank you for your message.

Douglas, unfortunately, we haven't received any emails with your log files. Could you please try re-sending them once again to support@remoteutilities.com?

Gretchen, please feel free to send your log files for examination as well. In addition, please let us know if you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on any of the Host or Viewer machines.

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 28, 2022 5:56:44 pm EDT
Turns out that this one PC not only can't access the PC that was the subject of this post, but it also cannot
access any PCs.  Its been rebooted and retried.  Its like the RU server doesn't know how to handle this one PC.
Apr 28, 2022 5:59:25 pm EDT
Here's the email I sent, it has a file attached.
Yep. Went to the right place.
Attached Files
One viewer can't log in to a machine, others can.
Apr 28, 2022 6:38:02 pm EDT
I saw a message flash notifying that RU had disconnected.
Then I tried it again on the problem machine and now it connected properly.
RU rebooted their server?
Gretchen Kelly, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 28, 2022 8:08:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I can connect to all of my computers now!  They must've rebooted?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 29, 2022 9:57:50 am EDT
Hello Douglas and Gretchen,

I’m glad to hear that it works for you now! We’re currently investigating what might have caused the issue in the first place.

Douglas, thank you! I see your emails in our inbox now, haven’t realized these were from you. Thanks for the clarification!

I’ll let you know once we figured out what have caused the issue.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)