New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Windows 10 / 11 issue with installing agent

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
May 27, 2022 10:36:53 am EDT
On many occasions, I have had my clients download the signed agent I created only to find that windows blocked the install.. I have to install it through an administrator CMD prompt....... ????
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 27, 2022 12:46:38 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean running Agent or installing Host? Please note that Agent is a no-install module for spontaneous support, i.e. it does not require installation or administrative privileges and can be run by a regular user.

Looking forward to your reply.
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
May 28, 2022 9:09:23 pm EDT

Pauline wrote:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean running Agent or installing Host? Please note that Agent is a  no-install module  for spontaneous support, i.e. it does not require installation or administrative privileges and can be run by a regular user.

Sorry... Installing Host is getting blocked by Windows 10/11
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 30, 2022 11:38:59 am EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let us know what version of Remote Utilities do you use and if the custom installation package is signed with our signature (the "online" configuration method) or if it's your own signature? If it's the Windows Defender blocking the installation, then are you able to locate any entries in the Defender's log that mention Host and if there are any false positive detections? Here's how you can locate and check the Windows Defender event log.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)