New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Problem with RU and HDMI switch

Links used in this discussion
Daryl Martin, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 06, 2022 8:23:05 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm disabled. I use RU 7.1.2.0 free version on all three home machines to do maintenance. I have a headless HTPC attached to the tv via an HDMI switch. If the HDMI switch is set to the HTPC, everything works. But if the switch is NOT on the HTPC, the RU viewer won't connect. Ever. I was wondering if there is a setting I can tweak to get around this issue. Windows 10 on hosts, win11 on viewer.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 07, 2022 9:04:50 am EDT
Hello Daryl,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to fix the issue? After enabling the feature please make sure to restart your Host in order for the changes to be applied.
Please note that you can also enable the feature remotely within your Viewer via the Remote Settings feature - in this case Host will be restarted automatically when you submit the changes.

Hope that helps.
Daryl Martin, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 07, 2022 12:34:54 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you!! This worked! Flawless. Fantastic. Thanks for your help!!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 07, 2022 2:52:05 pm EDT
Hello Daryl,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or if you need our assistance. We're always happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)