Community

2 Issues

Links used in this discussion
Aaron Jensen, User (Posts: 9)
Jun 20, 2022 12:05:06 am EDT
Been pretty happy with the software and upgraded twice to support you guys!

Issue 1: Multi-monitors drop-down selection stops working after the computer wakes from sleep.  In viewer, when I connect to my host PC (memphis), I don't get the option for the dual monitors.  However, if I reboot the computer and connect again, the dual monitors appear.  I have tried Legacy mode.  No difference.  This has bugged me ever since I have purchased RemoteUtilities.  I have to have Full screen stretch with just on monitor at a time!!
Issue 2: On the same PC, the Windows tray icon goes away shortly after launching or restarting the service.  Something it lasts and the icon stay open for a long period.  Mostly, immediately hovering over the icon in the Windows system tray...the icon just disappears.  The only way to fix it is to either restart the PC or restart the service.  I have 11 computers in Viewer, and only this PC appears to do this (memphis).  I can still connect to this Host PC after the icon disappears, so the service is still running.

I checked on of the host logs and didn't see anything obvious.

Specs:
RU Viewer & Host are 7.1.2.0, Server 3.2.1.0
Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel i7 9770k, 32GB Ram
Geforce RTX 3070 video card.  Driver 512.15 (Updating to latest version right now)
Latest windows updates
No anti-virus, Windows defender disabled
Firewall disabled.
Jun 20, 2022 12:08:31 am EDT
And my Support Level should be "Mini"  I have purchased it.  Can provide the key/email address etc.

Product: Remote Utilities
License owner:  Aaron Jensen
License kind: mini
Count: 1
Issued: 2021-04-28 22:46:05 UTC
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jun 20, 2022 11:40:48 am EDT
Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your message and thank you for your support!

It seems like both issues might be caused by some Host files being somehow damaged/corrupted. Could you please try completely uninstalling your Host and cleaning up the installation traces as described in this full uninstallation tutorial? After uninstalling please restart you Host machine, re-install Host from scratch and connect to it once again from your Viewer to see if any of the issues still persists.

And my Support Level should be "Mini" I have purchased it. Can provide the key/email address etc.

Thank you for letting us know - we will manually update your support level on our side and will let you know when it's done or if we need any additional information.

Please let us know if the issues still persists after re-installation.
Jun 20, 2022 1:21:20 pm EDT
Uninstalled it completely and reset all of the security parameters and it appears to be working better.  Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Jun 20, 2022 1:41:34 pm EDT
Hello Aaron,

I'm glad to hear that we were able to help and it works for you now!

In addition, we've updated your support level and it's displayed correctly as MINI now.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)