Community

Lost connection after adjusting interface settings

Links used in this discussion
LDN, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 06, 2022 6:43:23 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I have searched through the library without finding what I was looking for.

I have been using the latest version of both host and viewer to access my personal computer. I was playing around in the Host Interface settings remotely and ticked the "Hide tray icon menu" box and then OK and it went to restart the host. Now I cannot connect to the host at all with the connection permanently marked as offline.

Is there something I can do to get the connection at the other end back online? Unfortunately, the PC at the other end is not easily reachable right now so if there is something I can do from a distance that would be helpful.

Thanks a lot.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Jul 06, 2022 7:26:37 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Perhaps, the remote Host has failed to restart for some reason which is why it's now displayed as Offline. Unfortunately, there's very little that can be done remotely if the Host is offline, since you need to be able to gain the access to the Host machine somehow.
However, perhaps this troubleshooting guide might provide some helpful advice that can help to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
LDN, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 06, 2022 7:33:27 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you Pauline for the quick reply

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)