New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Certain keys (Enter, CTRL, Shift etc) not working on Remote Host

Links used in this discussion
Dylan Law, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 16, 2020 6:08:18 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Just wanted to confirm that the 6.12 beta has fixed all of the issues reported here. Many thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 17, 2020 8:16:46 am EST
Hello Dylan,

Thank you for the confirmation. We're glad to hear we were able to help!

Please do not hesitate to post another message if you need further assistance.
2460 WH 94, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 22, 2022 9:00:58 am EDT
Hi,

Had the problem for the very first time 3 days ago. Solved it by uninstalling various .NET framework updates (KB5012117, KB5010472) and preventing them to be reinstalled by using the "wushowhide.diagcab" tool from Microsoft.

I hope this will help !
Dave Pavlicek, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 25, 2022 5:24:35 pm EDT
This problem just cropped up for me. My guess is you guys glued down this issue and Microsoft through .NET update unglued it for you. I'll keep this thread subscribed to see if you guys are able to glue it down again.

Dave
Jul 26, 2022 12:31:50 pm EDT
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try updating both Host and Viewer to the most recent version 7.1.5.0 and see if this helps to fix the issue? You can update your Host and Viewer using the Simple Update feature. In addition, please make sure that your Host and Viewer are both updated to the same version and there's no version mismatch because it might lead to some features not working or other performance issues.

Hope that helps.
Dave Pavlicek, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 26, 2022 3:50:31 pm EDT
We are running 7.1.5.0 on both the viewer and the host. Today the system works fine. This seems like a fun bug to trace down.

Dave
Jul 26, 2022 5:07:09 pm EDT
Hello Dave,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now!

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or need our assistance.
John Stevens, User (Posts: 4)
Jun 04, 2024 11:42:41 pm EDT
This issue just started for me a few days ago.

The suggestion from five years ago to "Stop the process Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Update Support" successfully resolved it.

Running 7.2.2.0 on both viewer and client.
Client is Win11
Viewer is Win10

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)