New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Better Logs

Links used in this discussion
mstorm, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 28, 2022 4:08:10 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I would like to recommend using remote utilities in our company but i need better log's. Am i missing something? I set up  ru and did custom security. i can see when i am connected to host but can not find any logs that save this data. In order to be able to use this my company requires a log of which tech connected to  what host and time he connected.

are they store somewhere else? if not is this in he works. I would think that any company that had a support staff would want a log of who connecting to what host and when
mstorm, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 28, 2022 6:41:19 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
found logs
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 28, 2022 7:05:50 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Remote Utilities stores a few connection logs on different sides of the connection. You can check the Host connection logs that store information about when a specific Host was accessed and in what connection mode.
Alternatively, you can also check RU Server's connection log and enable the connection log on the Viewer's side as described here.
We've improved our logs in our most recent releases, namely, we implemented a feature that allows to optionally write Host logs to the Windows event log. However, we will definitely continue improving our logs and other features of our software.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)