New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

ViewerID in Ru Logs

Links used in this discussion
mstorm, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 28, 2022 6:51:49 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
where is the logs getting the viewer id from. i can find no way to match it to a pc running viewer, which makes this entry useless.

LogKind ViewerIP HostID HostIP HostVersion ViewerID        
0        [local ip] [host id] [host ip] 70150

VBB2EFDCA90EA484A

ViewerVersion Timestamp                      H                              Comment
73153                  12-37-27 28-07-2022 OK
Jul 28, 2022 7:06:16 pm EDT
this is the log form the ru server internet-id-log.csv
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 28, 2022 7:08:13 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I'll check on your question with our developers and will get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Sep 09, 2022 10:14:07 am EDT
any update on this?
Sep 09, 2022 6:56:46 pm EDT
Hello,

I'm checking with our development department on this and currently waiting for their input on the Viewer ID in order to provide you with the most accurate information. Sorry for the long wait.

I'll get back to you with an update on your inquiry as soon as possible.
Sep 12, 2022 6:47:49 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I’ve checked with developers regarding the Viewer ID found in the log files: for now it’s a randomly generated ID number assigned to a Viewer each time when Viewer is launched. However, we will definitely improve this in our future updates in order to make the Viewer ID more identifiable for techs or remote users.

Hope that helps.
Oct 06, 2022 12:31:17 pm EDT
Thanks Pauline,

i will check back sometime next year to see if it improved. not being able to tell who connected where and when. just stopped this fr om every being used in my department. i must be able to track who is remoting into what and wh ere. guess will have to stick with  [censored] for another year
Oct 06, 2022 3:51:30 pm EDT
Hello,

Of course, we understand your concern. Please note that you can also utilize RU Server which allows you to monitor activity of Hosts and Viewers that are connected via the Server.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Oct 17, 2022 8:45:05 am EDT
yes you can when they are connected, however you usually are looking into the logs after they are done, and that is where the weird host id comes from "ru server logs". if i can see the info while a viewer is connected to the host i don't see why you are not logging that info it make no since to not log the viewer id but to insert a unconnected string. i think you should seriously consider updating your logging so it more detailed, this is the only issue stop me and probably other company's from buying and using this product
Oct 17, 2022 3:41:03 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do have plans to improve the logging mechanism in our future updates, but, unfortunately, there’s no specific ETA on updating the logs for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)