New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Need old key/license for 6.x

Links used in this discussion
Karen Jacobs, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 22, 2021 6:32:10 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am new to a computer that needs remote viewing, and it is running windows xp and version 6.x of Remote Viewer. In order to file transfer I needed to get the old version of Remote Viewer as well, but you can only request keys for 7.x it seems, at this point. How do I request a new key for an old version?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 23, 2021 2:56:39 pm EDT
Hello Karen,

The recover lost key webform, when used, will send all the license keys associated with your email, including the keys for previous versions if any.

Hope that helps.
Karen Jacobs, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 25, 2021 12:11:18 pm EDT
Hi Conrad - Thanks! However, I need to generate a NEW key for 6.x - I never had one before. It's because I'm connecting to an old computer running XP. So is there a way to generate a totally new key for the old version?

Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 25, 2021 2:53:23 pm EDT
Hello Karen,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we no longer sell/distribute version 6.10 license after version 7 release. Sorry for that.
However, please note that it's still possible to connect from Viewer version 7 to both Host/Agent version 6 and 7 and vice versa as we understand that not every user might be able to update their installation right away, so we try to maintain as much backwards compatibility as possible.

In addition, please note that you can also update Host on the Windows XP machine remotely via the Self-Update feature - this will update your remote Host to the latest version (you only need to log on to the remote Host) and then restart it automatically, so you'd be able to connect right away and transfer the files without downgrading your Viewer.

Hope that helps.
Salvatore Lorello, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 11, 2023 11:41:02 am EST
I also found the key for Version 6 in txt format in my old emails, but even entering that doesn't work
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 13, 2023 7:34:49 pm EDT
Hello Salvatore,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that version 6 was discontinued for free license users, so even having the old license key for version 6, you will not be able to register Viewer of an older version with it. You need to update your installation to the most recent version 7.1.7.0 and register it with your license key as described here.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)