New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

SMTP not working

Links used in this discussion
super_user v2.0, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 14, 2023 7:53:44 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hello everyone, I have a problem when I make a new MSI Configurator, none of my mail works, neither mail outlook nor gmail, etc.. when I try to send a test letter, I have already tried everything, what should I do ? I tried to ignore sending a test letter, set the configurator for myself, but no letters came to the mail. Help.
Attached Files
SMTP not working SMTP not working
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 14, 2023 11:26:55 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Have you already tried using another port when setting up the SMTP server? For example, you can try using ports 465 or 25 and see if one of them might work.
In addition, if you have any antivirus software installed on this machine, it might be helpful to temporarily disable it.

Let us know if this works for you or if the issue persists.
Mar 15, 2023 5:58:56 am EDT
does not help, there is no antivirus, except for the built-in windows defender, maybe I fill in the fields incorrectly? explain point by point what you need to fill in each field, the sending address, the password from the mail and the recipient's address, I think that the error is there.
Mar 15, 2023 2:13:36 pm EDT
Hello,

Could you please try typing the following server in the "server" field: smtp-mail.outlook.com? You can see that it's listed on this page.
In addition, please double-check what TLS version is currently enabled on your computer as described here.

Let us know if this works for you.
Mar 16, 2023 5:47:41 am EDT
I don't have it in my registry
Attached Files
SMTP not working
Mar 16, 2023 3:29:24 pm EDT
Hello,

In this case, the issue might be caused by disabled TLS protocols on your machine. Please try downloading the EasyFix wizard tool from this page, then run it and follow the steps provided by the wizard.
If the EasyFix doesn't help, please also try other solutions listed on this page that can help you to install/update TLS 1.2 on your machine.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)