Community

Windows 11 host wont load

Links used in this discussion
Grant Hammond, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 21, 2023 11:09:37 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have been using remote utilities for years across 3 Pcs with no problems, but I have recently added a new windows 11 prof PC and cant get the host to load. I can use the viewer to access the other PC's but cant access the win11 PC from any of the other PC's

In the windows 11 pc I can drill down in the start menu and select the "start host" menu but it does not show up in the task manager as running.

I have added the hose exe to my windows security virus exclusion list

Hoping someone has had the same problem and figured it out. Windows 11 sucks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Mar 22, 2023 1:19:19 pm EDT
Hello Grant,

Thank you for your message.

It might be that the Host service (and/or other Host files) was somehow blocked (or even deleted) by the antivirus software. Please try fully uninstalling Host as described here and re-installing it from scratch. After re-installation, please make sure to add the entire Host installation folder to the exceptions list as described here.
In addition, perhaps this troubleshooting guide from our KB might provide some helpful information as well.

Let us know if the issue persists.
Grant Hammond, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 29, 2023 6:03:06 am EDT
ok did a full uninstall and re-install and host now running, but I still cant connect from the other windows 10 pc.

What else can I try?
Mar 29, 2023 1:12:06 pm EDT
Hello Grant,

Are you trying to connect to Host using Internet-ID connection? If yes, then could you please confirm that can you see the Host icon in the system tray and if its color is blue? Alternatively, please check if your Host status says Ready for connection in the Host Settings.
You can also check if this help page can provide a helpful solution as well.

Looking forward to your reply.
Fausto, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 14, 2023 2:28:14 pm EDT
I also had the same problem and an error message appeared on the PC with Windows 11. It said to restart the host before activating it, it seemed as if the program had started 2 times which is not possible as the PC had appeared formatted and reinstalled from scratch, reluctantly had to use another remote control software
Apr 14, 2023 4:08:23 pm EDT
Hello Fausto,

Have you tried uninstalling Host completely as described here and then re-installing it from scratch after the error occurred? If this issue was caused by some damaged/corrupted Host files, this might have helped to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.
Fausto, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 14, 2023 5:32:51 pm EDT
I did it 3 or 4 times but nothing changed
Apr 14, 2023 7:36:36 pm EDT
Hello Fausto,

In case if you still have Host installed on your machine and keep getting the same error when launching it, could you please send us the screenshot of the error message? Also, please try adding Host installation folder to the exception list of whatever antivirus software you have installed on the computer (even if it's just standard Windows Defender), you can follow this guide to do so.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)