New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Connection alert 2

Links used in this discussion
stw, User (Posts: 16)
May 11, 2023 4:51:50 am EDT
We used the Viewer with the MINI license in order to create Host MSIs via the online configurator.
We also have Internet ID enabled.

On 2/7 devices where we enrolled the Host we got the Connection alert 2 banner and that without ever connecting to the PC via the Viewer.

Also on other tests when installing and then connecting it wasn't shown.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 11, 2023 11:42:05 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that this notification is only displayed under specific circumstances and will not be shown even if one of them is not met. In the cases when the notification was not displayed, please make sure all the conditions listed here are met.
As for the occasions when the banner was displayed even before establishing a connection with the Host - have someone logged on to the Host from their Viewer? If you're able to reproduce the issue, please send us a screenshot that shows the notification as well as the Host icon in the system tray.

Let us know if you have more questions.
stw, User (Posts: 16)
May 12, 2023 1:43:18 am EDT

If you're able to reproduce the issue, please send us a screenshot that shows the notification as well as the Host icon in the system tray.

- Ok, I'll do that.

I wanted to ask something else, but the post was already in queue: If we create the Host MSI via the Viewer and PRO license the message will still be shown when we connect with a MINI Viewer right? So we have to upgrade all of our accounts to PRO - creating the Host with PRO is not enough, right?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 12, 2023 4:53:42 am EDT

stw wrote:

If you're able to reproduce the issue, please send us a screenshot that shows the notification as well as the Host icon in the system tray.

- Ok, I'll do that.

I wanted to ask something else, but the post was already in queue: If we create the Host MSI via the Viewer and PRO license the message will still be shown when we connect with a MINI Viewer right? So we have to upgrade all of our accounts to PRO - creating the Host with PRO is not enough, right?

Hello,

Your understanding is partially correct. The license with which the MSI file is created doesn't specifically determine whether the alert will be shown or not. The determining factor is actually the license of the Viewer from which you are connecting. If the Viewer is licensed as PRO or SITE, the alert flag gets reset, hence, the alert will no longer be shown. This applies not only to the current session but also to any future sessions, even if you connect using other licenses such as Starter or Mini.

The primary purpose of this alert is to prevent any potential misuse where the Host might be installed for malicious intents. To create at least some hindrance to such activities, a PRO license is required.

Lastly, the alert can be dismissed by the remote user simply by clicking the OK button.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)