New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Host file doesnt send ID

Links used in this discussion
Jorge Pizano, User (Posts: 1)
May 31, 2023 7:47:52 pm EDT
Host exe file

Hello does the exe file custom with send id smtp option only works for one pc? cause i installed on 2 pc and only from one i got the ID via email the other ID is missing.

also another question, when i block the screen of host pc it can see the mouse moving all the way on the screen if i move from viewer pc, is there a way to hide the cursor or its normal to be like this?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 31, 2023 8:18:50 pm EDT
Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that when using the custom installation package, the email with the Internet-ID code and encrypted credentials will be only created if there is no traces of previous Host installation on the computer. In order to avoid this issue, please make sure to enable the following checkbox when Configuring Internet-ID settings:
When updating existing Hosts, overwrite their Internet-ID code with the generated code
This checkbox will ensure that, even if there is an existing Host installation on the computer, the installer will update its settings and overwrite its Internet-ID code to a new one which will be sent to your email address.

Alternatively, you can also fully uninstall Host following this guide prior to launching the custom installation package - this will remove any remaining traces (such as settings) of previous Host and a new code will be generated during the installation.

also another question, when i block the screen of host pc it can see the mouse moving all the way on the screen if i move from viewer pc, is there a way to hide the cursor or its normal to be like this?

Unfortunately, for now this is expected behavior which is connected to the screen-locking mechanism and how it works. However, our developers are aware of this behavior and are looking into how we can possibly minimize/eliminate it in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)