New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

MSI Config email

Links used in this discussion
jim sanders, User (Posts: 3)
Jun 19, 2023 1:57:10 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I have a new clean PC setup viewer and create a exe (unsigned) with the smtp server setup (gmail) and the test email working.

Use the One click exe and runs great. No email though
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 19, 2023 3:39:11 pm EDT
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that when using a custom installation package, the email with the Internet-ID code and encrypted credentials will be only created if there is no traces of previous Host installation on the computer. In order to avoid this issue, please make sure to enable the following checkbox when configuring Internet-ID settings:
When updating existing Hosts, overwrite their Internet-ID code with the generated code
This checkbox will ensure that, even if there is an existing Host installation on the computer, the installer will update its settings and overwrite its Internet-ID code to a new one which will be sent to your email address.

Alternatively, you can also fully uninstall Host following this guide prior to launching a custom installation package - this will remove any remaining traces (such as settings) of previous Host and a new code will be generated during the installation.

Hope that helps.
jim sanders, User (Posts: 3)
Jun 19, 2023 8:40:18 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi, I had removed the host but until I ticked the box, no good, thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 20, 2023 5:55:11 pm EDT
Hello Jim,

I’m glad to hear it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have any questions  or need our assistance.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)