New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Personalized Connection name

Links used in this discussion
Julien Maillard, User (Posts: 4)
Jun 21, 2023 9:46:21 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,
i've got some problems to personnalise the name of the connection from the viewer. we have a server which import by default the name of our desktop from the AD. When we change the name connexion of our desktop from our remote  viewer the problem is that Sync from AD crushed the changement. Is that possible the personalized the name of the connection ? and how ? sry for my english. Thx for the answer .
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 21, 2023 12:46:45 pm EDT
Hello Julien,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please confirm if you mean that you can't rename your connections in the address book due to the AD sync being enabled? If this is the case, could you please if you've tried editing connection names after importing them to your address book as described here?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jun 22, 2023 2:40:41 am EDT
Yes indeed when i try to rename my connection in my adress book from the viewer, its automatically crushed few minutes later (i suppose du to the ad importation configure from the ru server) even if i unchecked the sync from the viewer pc property connection.
Jun 22, 2023 10:43:42 am EDT
yes i can't rename my connection due to the AD sync . The ad connection is done each 5 minutes and the rename is crushed even if i unchecke from the viewer setting the sync property connection.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 22, 2023 6:58:22 pm EDT
Hello Julien,

Thank you for the clarification.

I’ll check on the issue with our developers to see if they can provide any feedback on this issue.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)