New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Bulk Create Connections In Address Book

Links used in this discussion
L Purnell, User (Posts: 4)
Jun 22, 2023 8:02:52 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am trying to fill up an address book on my local RU server, Is there any way to connect active directory to the RU server and pull devices from there? Also since I'll need internet IDs for each one is there a way to automatically gather the internet IDs and apply them to the device? Or will I need to connect to each one and manually type it in?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 22, 2023 5:43:50 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you definitely can connect your AD to the RU Server and set up the address book sync so that the connections are pulled automatically. In order to do so, please follow this guide. In this case, all Internet-ID codes for the added connections should populate automatically (please make sure that Internet-ID is enabled in the Host Settings).

Let us know if you have any questions.
Jun 23, 2023 10:12:39 am EDT
Hello, thank you for the link to the guide, I've been able to add them to the address book. However, the Internet-ID codes have not automatically been added after 2-3 hours. I am running the free version of RU server to test it out, would this be causing the issue as I have more than 10 computers in the address book, or will I just need to wait a little longer?
Jun 23, 2023 7:57:59 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the provided details.

I will forward this issue to our developers and check with them to see if they can provide any feedback on it.

I’ll get back to you with an update on the issue shortly.
Jun 26, 2023 6:39:14 am EDT
Thank you, In the meantime I have been trying to use direct connections instead. However, I am having issues with a couple of host computers that aren't connecting to the viewer through a direct connection. These devices have the host program installed and the service is running, I've tried restarting the computers and reinstalling the MSI through both PDQ and the built-in installer. Other computers of the same model which have the same MSI installed work fine. Are there any other troubleshooting methods I can try to get these devices connected? I would make another post since it is kind of a different issue but I am getting a red error when I try to post saying "Cannot find the first message".
Jun 26, 2023 4:08:15 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

In case if you can't connect to your Hosts using Direct connection then it might caused by something on the Host computers or in their network, for example, firewall or antivirus blocking Remote Utilities, ports or the connection in general. Please see if the solutions suggested here might help to resolve the issue.

Let us know if this helps or if the issue still persists.
Jun 27, 2023 7:15:11 am EDT
Hello, I have read through the page you've linked and none of these seem to be the case. The ports, network settings, firewall configuration and any settings on the host side of things are universal across all devices. Devices have also been connecting fine one day, to being completely disconnected and unable to reconnect no matter what I try to do.
Jun 27, 2023 4:18:29 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case, could you please send us the latest Host log files fr om the remote machines wh ere the issue occurs? You can locate the Host logs in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\. You can send the logs to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)