New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] how to disable update on multiple PCs

Links used in this discussion
Maude Turcotte, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 28, 2023 10:21:06 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

We have some issue with RU Viewer update to 7.1.4.0 itself or recommanding, with the popup, to do the update.

We want to keep our version 6.10.5.0 of Viewer on all our PCs, but we don't want to do it manually on all the PCs. we want it to do by GPOs or by and other method. So i was look for the place were is the option update "never" in the configuration in the backend. I know that in the app itself it's on "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Update" -> "Never" but like i said upper, we don't want to do it manually considering i have overs 50 PCs with the Viewer on our domain.

Thanks for the help!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 28, 2023 2:17:22 pm EDT
Hello Maude,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you want to disable the update removed in the Viewer settings? If this is the case, you can do so in the Viewer Options -> Update tab. If you want to distribute this setting to your other Viewers, you can do so by copying the Viewer configuration file config_4.xml located in the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ - replace the original file for other Viewer with the one that you've copied from already configured Viewer and that should update their settings as well.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)