New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Printing removed after 7.2.1.0 simple update?

Links used in this discussion
Keith Hill, User (Posts: 11)
Oct 25, 2023 11:41:28 am EDT
It was working for my client under 7.1.7.0 but is not long listed as an option.

What do I need to do to get remote printing functioning?  The client's bookkeeper works remote and is not able to process payments from Quickbooks securely without Remote Printing functionality.

Thanks in advance!

Keith
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 25, 2023 1:59:16 pm EDT
Hello Keith,

Thank you for your message.

The Remote Printing feature was not discontinued, it should still be available in the latest version. Please try checking if you have the printer driver installed on your Host machine: you should be able to locate it in Windows Settings→Bluetooth & Devices→Printers & Scanners as described here.
and try uninstalling and reinstalling it in the Host Settings -> Other tab. Please make sure to restart Host after reinstalling the driver for the changes to be applied.

Hope that helps.
Keith Hill, User (Posts: 11)
Oct 27, 2023 12:54:16 pm EDT
Remote Printing was uninstalled, I was able to reinstall it by overwriting the install using one click update when logged in locally to the system via Windows Remote Desktop.  I will test further, I have recreated the One Click and MSI Installers I use now that I have the email send working properly, so I can do a remote update that hopefully reenables/reinstalls the remote print function.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 27, 2023 5:26:04 pm EDT
Hello Keith,

I’m glad to hear we were able to help!

Please note that you also should be able to install/uninstall printer driver from the Host Settings -> Driver tab or using the Remote Settings feature.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)