New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Stuck on "connecting to (connection name)...please wait"

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 24, 2021 8:34:55 am EDT
Hello Matt,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have other questions.
Howard S, User (Posts: 3)
May 27, 2021 1:29:52 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi:
I am connecting OK using the V7.0.2.0 Agent with Legacy Capture Mode. Today, while I was connected to a different customer than the one's I had the issue with and OK using the V7.0.2.0 Agent with Legacy Capture Mode, it seemed to drop the connection and was trying to re-connect. The re-connect didnt work so I had the customer shut down the agent and tried to connect. I got the full-screen World Map stuck on my screen. Ctl-Alt-Del and selecting Task Mgr just flashed the Task Manager then went back to World Map.
We have a problem here!
I can't keep doing hard resets on my system, losing data and running the risk of damaging my hard drive.
May 27, 2021 4:56:00 pm EDT
Hello Howard,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please provide us the Agent's connection log files from your customer's machine that you've had issues connecting to? Here's how you can locate the Agent logs.
You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com. Please do not post the log files on the forum as they're considered to contain personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mats Guldbrand, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 10, 2023 7:33:54 am EST
Dear all, I upgraded host and all to 7.2.2.0 (latest version) and none of the above tips works. I still get the world map and waiting. I tried on the local network as well as via internet. The funny thing is that if I hover on the connection icon I  see the screen. I tried changing resolution up and down, window size, to economy mode, IPv6, etc etc without success. Help....
Nov 10, 2023 1:38:18 pm EST
Hello Mats,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please enable the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Setting -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue? After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host to apply the changes.

Let us know if this helps.
Nov 10, 2023 4:09:07 pm EST
Thanks Pauline for a super rapid answer! I tried this and all other suggestions in this,old, thread. Not working..
Nov 10, 2023 7:53:42 pm EST
Hello Mats,

Do you have any antivirus software installed on your Host or Viewer machines? If yes, then have you already added Remote Utilities to the exceptions of the a/v software?

Nov 11, 2023 8:25:15 am EST
Yes I have and unfortunately also implemented the exceptions etc as described in the documentation so this seem like the cause. If this was caused by antivirus, router or firewall, would I see the the screen preview? When I hover over the connection it connects and show the screen but very only a small preview.
Also note that it works perfectly when I’m using the phone as viewer. Also the viewer works perfectly when connecting to two other hosts. Conclusion is that the problem is in the viewer connection to this specific host. I will try connecting via other networks and also delete/add the connection. I’ll revert soon.
Nov 13, 2023 5:35:45 pm EST
Hello Mats,

Yes, sometimes recreating a connection in your address book might help to resolve similar issues. Please let us know if this works for you or if the issue still persists.

Nov 16, 2023 2:21:00 am EST
Thanks, I will try. I’m on a trip now so reply may take a few days to reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)