New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Can't connect to host computer V 7.0.0.2

Links used in this discussion
Thomas Aichinger, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 26, 2021 10:29:22 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Hi,
I run newest Viewer 7.0.0.0 RU Server 3.0.0.1 and Host 7.0.0.2
I can not connect to one of my hosts. In Viewer I I see the host as looged in and as soon as I want to open it I see a new window with "Connection is established" and thats all.

On the Server console I see my and the other host under active. The read/write bytes are constantly changing, but the viewer connection window does open the desktop.
Attached Files
Can't connect to host computer V 7.0.0.2 Can't connect to host computer V 7.0.0.2
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 26, 2021 11:23:53 am EDT
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your message.

This is a known issue that occurred in versions 7.0.0.0-7.0.0.1 but was already fixed in the latest version 7.0.0.2. Please try updating your Viewer to the latest version 7.0.0.2 as well and see if this helps to resolve the issue. You can update Viewer via the Self-Update feature.

Hope that helps.
Thomas Aichinger, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 26, 2021 11:49:15 am EDT
Support level: Starter
I did this update Viewer and Host run 7.0.0.2. Server runs 3.0.0.1
Mar 26, 2021 3:55:21 pm EDT
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please try pressing any key on your keyboard when the connection is stuck on the "digital map" window and see if it's possible to establish a connection this way? If this does not work as well, please feel free to send us the Host logs for examination. You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com or create a ticket and submit the logs there.

Looking forward to your reply.
Basil Cinnamon, User (Posts: 8)
Dec 06, 2023 1:30:18 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
The digital map occupies the entire screen and cannot be minimized or moved out of the way.
Can you at least make it a normal window and allow us to Escape out of it when it is stuck?
Dec 06, 2023 2:25:19 pm EST
Hello Basil,

Thank you for your message.

Please enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart Host to apply changes.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)