New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

RU Server (local server)

Links used in this discussion
William Eigenmann, User (Posts: 6)
Dec 08, 2023 12:28:23 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello there,

Have an RU Server running as local server.
A connection is made with Viewer.
Question: At which point is the active tab populated?
The Idle tab does show an ID
Attached Files
RU Server (local server) RU Server (local server)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 08, 2023 1:50:46 pm EST
Hello William,

Thank you for your message.

The active tab is populated when there is an active session running at the moment, i.e. it’s populated with Hosts and Viewers that are actively using RU Server. You can see more information on the RU Server’s Admin Console on this page.

Hope that helps.
Dec 08, 2023 6:11:02 pm EST
Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your reply.
That is what I have, an active connection from Viewer to a Win 10 with Agent running. See log file of the Agent.
I have the Agent configured to use my own RU Server - see snapshot attached.
Yet nothing is shown in Active tab, only in Idle tab the ID is displayed, as shown in my first post.
Dec 08, 2023 7:55:17 pm EST
Hello William,

Could you please double-check if you’re just logged in to the remote Agent (if the icon in your address book is green) or if you have a remote session running (for example, in Full Control connection mode)?

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 08, 2023 11:08:53 pm EST
I have had logged in for some time and nothing showed up.
I reconfigured the Agent and Viewer to use one of your Server and made a connection.
Then I disconnected and configured Agent and Viewer to use my RU Server again. This time I can see the Active tab populated. I guess it was some sort of a glitch. It is working now as expected.
Dec 10, 2023 2:08:01 am EST
Hi Pauline,

Another day another test. Again the Active tab shows nothing when a Viewer is connected to an Agent with own RU Server running.
Dec 11, 2023 2:41:16 pm EST
Hello William,

Thank you for the update on this.

Could you please send us the most recent log files for your RU Server? Here’s how you can find the Server logs. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)