Community

Log Codes

Links used in this discussion
Craig Golucki, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 12, 2023 3:25:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Quick question, I searched all the community but couldn't find any documentation on Host Log Codes.  Could someone tell me or show me where to find what the code numbers represent?  I've attached a photo for reference.  ThanksLog Codes - 12 Dec 2023 03:25:04
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 12, 2023 4:00:55 pm EST
Hello Craig,

Thank you for your message.

I will forward your request to our development team to see if they can provide any feedback on the log codes.
In addition, I’ve noticed that your log shows version 7.1.7.0 of Host - please make sure to update your Host to the most recent version 7.2.7.0 following this guide to avoid possible issues that might be caused by version mismatch/outdated version.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Dec 12, 2023 4:17:59 pm EST
Thank you.

I am working on an intrusion case and this is the software version that was being used at the time of the incident.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 12, 2023 6:34:01 pm EST
Hello Craig,

Do you mean that someone had gained unauthorized access to your Host machine? If this is the case, you should try contacting your nearest police department and letting them know about the case so that the police can investigate this further. In this case we will be able to provide our server logs that contain the originating IP address which is stored on our servers (i.e. the information that might help law enforcement to identify whoever got the access to your computer). However, please note that the logs can be only provided if there's a direct request from the police. Here is an excerpt from our Privacy Policy:

Government and law enforcement agencies

We may also share information to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce this Privacy Policy and our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; (iv) respond to your requests; or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.

This is strictly within the law and international treaties and also conforms to our privacy policy. Please feel free to provide our contact information privacy@remoteutilities.com to the police - we will be happy to provide our assistance to the investigation.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Dec 13, 2023 7:23:22 am EST
Please use my contact information on my account to continue this conversation further. I sent an email to your privacy@remoteutilites.com as well.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 13, 2023 7:33:32 am EST

Craig Golucki wrote:

Please use my contact information on my account to continue this conversation further. I sent an email to your privacy@remoteutilites.com as well.

Hello Craig,

We haven't received anything to privacy@remoteutilities.com so far. Could you please resend your email?

Also, with regards to your previous posts within this thread, and specifically the post where you voluntarily share logs and (possibly) other information that in some jurisdictions may be considered as personally identifiable . We would like to repeat our disclaimer here as is stated by our privacy policy:

Personal Data Shared on Forums

We value the privacy and security of our users' personal data. In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), particularly referring to recital 85, we acknowledge that a breach of personal data can lead to serious consequences such as loss of control over personal data, discrimination, identity theft, financial loss, and other privacy violations.

However, it is important for users of our forum to understand that any personal data they voluntarily share within the forum posts, comments, or discussions is publicly accessible. While we take reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of information processed through our services, we cannot control or be responsible for the protection of information that users choose to share publicly.

This section of the privacy policy is intended to inform you of the risks associated with the sharing of personal data in our forum and to clarify our position and responsibilities. By using our forum, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

User Responsibility

Voluntary Disclosure: If you choose to disclose personal or sensitive information within our forum, please be aware that this information becomes public. We strongly advise against sharing any details that could compromise your privacy or security.
   No Liability for User-Shared Data: Please be advised that in the event of any breach or unauthorized access to the personal data that you have voluntarily shared in the forum, we shall not be held responsible. The responsibility for the security of such information rests with the individual who has chosen to share it.

Dec 13, 2023 8:20:14 am EST
I resent the email.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)