New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Just an Update Info

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 16, 2023 2:08:03 pm EDT
Updated the script file - it now accomodates 32-bit OS too. The previous script wouldn't work properly on 32-bit OSes.

Thanks.
Oct 19, 2023 3:37:03 pm EDT
Hello Everyone,

Have you had a chance to test the Hosts running with the new settings applied by the script? Please, let us know. Thanks.
Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 38)
Oct 19, 2023 5:43:51 pm EDT
I am out of the office today, I will check when I can. I had a thought about this though.

Is this restart going to be logged anywhere? If not. It will need to be in order to be sure it has helped.

Matthew
Oct 20, 2023 8:29:58 am EDT
Hello Matthew,

Yes, of course. In the Host log it should say that the Host has been restarted.
C Truss, User (Posts: 6)
Dec 22, 2023 7:27:33 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Matthew Cooper,
Conrad Sallian,

I understand the latest Host update includes the script which sets the Host service to "Run a Program"

Unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue of the Host failing to startup after a system reboot.

Will have to revert to the RUM script which Matthew provided . Thanks again Matthew
Edited:C Truss - Jan 04, 2024 2:08:19 pm EST
Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 38)
Jan 04, 2024 5:21:24 pm EST
For me, so far on my test site, I have not had any hosts go offline, but I also have not spotted any restart events in the host log. So either the new 7.2.20 update is more stable in this regard, or my luck has changed.

This site has 6 hosts all running on Server 2019 and Server 2022

@Conrad, could you advise what the host log entry would look like if the software restarts itself? I can then do a thorough search and see if it has taken place.

Matthew
Jan 05, 2024 4:27:32 am EST

Matthew Cooper wrote:

@Conrad, could you advise what the host log entry would look like if the software restarts itself? I can then do a thorough search and see if it has taken place.

Hi Matthew,

There will be a line:

Remote Utilities - Host [version] is started. GMT[time_zone]
Shane Farmer, User (Posts: 5)
Jan 05, 2024 8:46:56 am EST
This update has also fix my host going offline.  I stopped trying several versions ago, but figured I would try again and it seems to be working fine, now.
C Truss, User (Posts: 6)
Feb 16, 2024 11:26:24 am EST
A positive update

My system has since completed 2 reboots following Windows Updates in January and February and the Host has successfully started, without any workarounds required
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 16, 2024 2:26:36 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

We’re glad to hear it’s working well for you!

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)