Community

Link to older versions

Links used in this discussion
Victorio Laporte, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 24, 2014 6:50:39 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am considering using Remote Utilities as the default remote access tool in our company, but i have an issue. I really need to access 4 Windows 2000 machines. I already downloaded all the previous versions from the sticky and neither worked.

The versions 5.4 onwards simply don't work because of procedure GetSystemTimes ( a known issue with other softwares too). The versions 5.1 and 5.3 give me the error Error reading TROMServerOptions.<some property>: Property <some property> don't exist., with the <some property> changing depending on version.

I know that Windows 2000 is not supported, but i really need to access this machines and this tool has already filled all my other needs for remote access, so i am willing to try older versions of the host software until i can connect to this machines, even if some features (like remote commands etc) are not available.
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Oct 24, 2014 9:57:06 am EDT
Hello Victorio,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify which service pack version is installed on these machines?

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 24, 2014 1:27:27 pm EDT
It is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Oct 24, 2014 6:21:25 pm EDT
Hello Victorio

Please, do the following on your Win2K machines:

1. Uninstall the Host.
2. Open Windows registry, locate the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Remote Utilities" and wipe/delete it.
3. Install the Host again, preferably the oldest version available in the sticky.
4. Reboot the machine.

Hope that helps.
Oct 29, 2014 12:28:38 pm EDT
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I did some installs, reinstalls with cleaning of the registry, and some tests. It follows some conclusions:

Version 5.6 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)

Version 5.5 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)

Version 5.4 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)

Version 5.3 - it installs and runs fine, i can logon with 5.6 client, check the processes, open a command prompt, but i can`t see the screen. The error log of the Host show a message "encoding not supported" and the Client shows a message "this feature was disabled on the Security Setting of the Host".

Version 5.1 - it installs and runs fine, i can logon with 5.6 client, check the processes, open a command prompt, but i can`t see the screen. The error log of the Host show a message "encoding not supported" and the Client don't show any message at all, it just keep trying to load the remote screen (message "Loading Remote Screen...").

I tried changing changed the encoding to 8 bits and some other configurations but nothing worked.

Regards,
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Oct 29, 2014 2:40:38 pm EDT
Hello Victorio,

Could you please try to update your graphic card drivers and MSXML (which you can download by following this link).
And try again with 5.3 and 5.1 versions. It might work.

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 31, 2014 3:33:36 pm EDT
Hello Victorio,

We have been moving to a new website hosting provider and it seems like your last message to this thread was posted right during the migration. So I'm quoting it below:

I installed the latest version of the Graphics Card driver (Intel 82945G) and MSXML 4.0. Unfortunately, it has the same problems than before. I tested 5.3 and 5.1 versions.

It is important to note that these machines are industrial HMIs (Human Machine Interface), with TouchScreens from Elo company.

I tried to use a freeware VNC and it is working*.

Is there an error log somewhere that can give me more info?

Answering your question - currently we don't have any more ideas on what could possibly help you with this issue. Nonetheless, I've requested our developers to see if it's still possible to find a workaround. I'll get back to you soon.
Oct 31, 2014 5:00:23 pm EDT
Hello Victorio,

Please, try to connect to one of the Win2000 hosts in Full Control/View mode. Then go to C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs, copy the log files, zip them and send them over to us.

You can send them via a private message or by submitting a ticket.
Nov 03, 2014 4:18:14 am EST
I couldn't attach a file on a PM, so i opened a ticket, with ID 1599.
Nov 03, 2014 9:33:18 am EST
Hello Victorio,

I've responded via the ticket.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)