New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Dual VGA CHIP (integrated and external)

Peter Maly, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 04, 2014 3:32:31 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I found by testing problem with pc's, that have normal external VGA cards, but are equipped with new Intel cpu's with integrated on-chip vga core (i - series with Intel HD graphics). Mostly all notebooks at this time...

1./ We don't want to disable one or another vga chip - because of nature of programs used on our pc's, they need both enabled (don't ask Me why, I'm not the app programmer...)

2./ If You connect - You get blank screen - but the mouse on client PC is moving. You can play with many video settings in options - nothing helps... :-( too bad...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3./ FOUND SOLUTION - You should use integrated intel vga core to run with "rfusclient.exe"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4./ do not set integrated vga chip to run with host app - "rutserv.exe" - it is not the right app for that :-) look at point 3./ on what app it should run...

5./ It was tested on latest RU version and on NVIDIA vga chipset with Intel integrated vga chipset on i7 processor...

Please leave reply if somebody can test this behavior on ATI equipped external vga.

Regards. P.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 04, 2014 3:05:34 pm EST
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the message. It will certainly help if anyone else shares their experience with this.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)