New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

6.0.0.4 Too Many Issues

Larry Gray, User (Posts: 24)
Jan 06, 2015 8:18:24 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
The list of issues with this version is growing for me.  I think I will just go back to previous version:

1. Previous reported issue of arrow keys not working (important for me!)
2. When I start a session I have to next click in the screen to give it focus
3. Occasional connect issues with reply that "Access Denied: This connection mode is disabled in security settings on the host side"
4. I had an issue on one of two session not being able to drag and drop items.  The mouse worked otherwise for selecting items.

I have to say on item # 3 that I have callbacks running on the host.  I run two callbacks from one host so I can open two sessions (one for each remote monitor).  I will have one session drop and the other session stay connected.  When I try to reconnect, I get the error even though my 2nd session stays connected.  So, this isn't going to be a "check the internet" or "network related" issue.  Eventually, after restarting the host, it will work again.

So, now I have to connect with  [censored] so I can get RUT working.
Edited:Larry Gray - Jan 06, 2015 8:27:12 am EST (Forgot to add #4)
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 06, 2015 4:38:12 pm EST
Hello Larry,

Thanks for the report. See the comments below.

This is in the testing queue. We'll see if we can reproduce it.

Could you please clarify this. Do you mean the Full Control / View mode window?

3. Occasional connect issues with reply that "Access Denied: This connection mode is disabled in security settings on the host side"

We managed to reproduce this bug. It happens when the remote PC is restarted while leaving the Full Control mode open. Will be fixed in the nearest update. So far the workaround is logging off and then back on to the remote PC.

4. I had an issue on one of two session not being able to drag and drop items. The mouse worked otherwise for selecting items.

Depending on a connection a slight delay may be needed for the drag n drop to work. Try not to drop immediately but wait for a couple of seconds and then drop.

I have to say on item # 3 that I have callbacks running on the host. I run two callbacks from one host so I can open two sessions (one for each remote monitor). I will have one session drop and the other session stay connected. When I try to reconnect, I get the error even though my 2nd session stays connected. So, this isn't going to be a "check the internet" or "network related" issue. Eventually, after restarting the host, it will work again.

Ok. See my comment for the item 3 above. A logoff/logon should do the trick for now, but we'll certainly fix it because it's obviously a bug.

Thanks!
Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 50)
Jan 06, 2015 7:50:04 pm EST

Larry Gray wrote:
The list of issues with this version is growing for me.  I think I will just go back to previous version:

I agree, the more I used it the more issues I encountered. I don't think this version was ready for release.

I like remote utilities and would love to use it again, the 5.x version worked perfect on windows 7,  but had issues on windows 8.x and windows 10.

at this point I need to use  [censored] as well

hopefully they release a new version soon that fixes the many issues that exist.
Jan 06, 2015 8:19:25 pm EST
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you experienced issues with the new version. But in retrospect, I can tell that this happens with each new major release - we expect to spend the first couple of months fixing bugs and releasing smaller updates (e.g. 6.x and 6.xx) even after the initial (in-house) and beta testing. All until the new version "settles", so to say.  

All in all, we are planning to move to a more granular approach with more frequent updates than we did before. That of course means that you'll have to update the program more often, but you can always check the version history log to see what fixes are available. The upgrade process is never automatic so you can control what version you have.

Anyway, I should say that your post-release feedback was immensely helpful.   We'll do our best to live up to your expectations.
Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Jan 07, 2015 5:25:59 pm EST

I have noticed this to in V6, only fix on this is i have to relogon connections on the connection tab to get the certain PC back online. For some reason it seems to bounce the PC offline then Online again.
Larry Gray, User (Posts: 24)
Jan 16, 2015 9:00:47 am EST

This is in the testing queue. We'll see if we can reproduce it.

Added information to help on the keys situation.  If by chance I try to hit Windows Key + Left Arrow (trying to reposition a window on the remote screen) it will not do anything except put the remote screen in a locked key status, like I am holding down a control key.

Also, when my remote computer has timed out to the login screen, I usually have to restart the session because I will be unable to type or select anything in those screens.

Could you please clarify this. Do you mean the Full Control / View mode window?

It used to be when I would start a session that the remote screen would have the focus.  So, I start a session and then click the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" button for that session.  I get my login screen on the remote computer, but if I do not click on that remote desktop, anything I type is not being sent to the remote computer.  I have to click on the password field before I start typing.

I will note that this also seems to happen a lot when I switch between sessions.  So, if I am working on session 1 and typing and working normally and then select session 2 by clicking the bar across the top of the window; I will have to then click inside of the window on the screen to start typing.

We managed to reproduce this bug. It happens when the remote PC is restarted while leaving the Full Control mode open. Will be fixed in the nearest update. So far the workaround is logging off and then back on to the remote PC.

Might this also be related to the problem I mentioned above about timing out to login screen?

4. I had an issue on one of two session not being able to drag and drop items. The mouse worked otherwise for selecting items.

Depending on a connection a slight delay may be needed for the drag n drop to work. Try not to drop immediately but wait for a couple of seconds and then drop.

Actually, I think I had figured out that this was more related to the "locked key" situation I mention above.  I was just unaware that the remote computer was acting like I had a key held down, so drag N' drop wasn't working.

Also, I just want to make sure I mention that I really like this product.  For my usage, I think it is better in most comparisons to anything else out there.  I appreciate all the help and work you guys are putting into this!!!
Jan 19, 2015 9:37:05 am EST
Hi Larry,

Added information to help on the keys situation. If by chance I try to hit Windows Key + Left Arrow (trying to reposition a window on the remote screen) it will not do anything except put the remote screen in a locked key status, like I am holding down a control key.

It used to be when I would start a session that the remote screen would have the focus. So, I start a session and then click the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" button for that session. I get my login screen on the remote computer, but if I do not click on that remote desktop, anything I type is not being sent to the remote computer. I have to click on the password field before I start typing.

I will note that this also seems to happen a lot when I switch between sessions. So, if I am working on session 1 and typing and working normally and then select session 2 by clicking the bar across the top of the window; I will have to then click inside of the window on the screen to start typing.

Thanks. Added to the test case.

Might this also be related to the problem I mentioned above about timing out to login screen?

It might or it might not. It depends. Only testing and analyzing the issue can tell.

Also, I just want to make sure I mention that I really like this product. For my usage, I think it is better in most comparisons to anything else out there. I appreciate all the help and work you guys are putting into this!!!

Thank you for the kind words! We'll do our best to fix the bugs as soon as possible. Your feedback is immensely helpful.
Jan 24, 2015 11:23:55 am EST
Hello Larry,

This issue is confirmed by testing. We'll try to fix it in the nearest updates.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)