New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

MSI Configuration

Links used in this discussion
Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Jan 13, 2015 8:26:15 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
v6 I configured a MSI package for personalized installation and ran into a few questions...

1.) I set it up for a One click installation, First step is to send administrator a email with username and password, under Internet ID settings do I turn on the Internet ID for the ID number or leave it off because i have custom settings..? by default it is off but I dont want to turn it on and mess up the ID it sends in email.

2.)The password for remote utilities i have tried to change it to lets say 12345678 but when I install it , it still asks for password for the user..? Is that right?

3.) I never get a email after the installation, but i get the popup saying Remote utilities installed on your pc about to send user ID and password to soandso@gmail.com and i click Yes.... but No email comes (this just started, before I got them)

Thank you
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 14, 2015 11:51:46 am EST
Hello Bobby,

Let me answer your questions.

1. You cannot manually generate the ID during MSI configuration because the output file is supposed to be used multiple times. Whereas the ID is a unique number/code.

So you either select the "Generate ID and send it via email" option, or get/generate the ID manually in the Host settings after the Host is installed.  

2. If you are selecting the "Standard MSI" option, and launch the output file - the installation will look like a regular installation, with all installation wizard windows including the "set password" window. To silently install the program with all the settings you need use the "One-click" installer.

3. It has something to do with either firewall or spam filter in your inbox. Please ,check this KB article https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/e-mail-is-not-sent-error/

Hope that helps.
Jan 14, 2015 6:08:42 pm EST
So this morning I created another MSI and it worked great. Only problem is the sendind and receiving of the email with ID and password encrypted. So at 9am this morning I installed and click Yes to send me the mail. At 4:45pm today I just received the email from the install from this morning. I am receiving other emails so I have connection and its setup to go to my inbox and the email its coming from isnt blocked. I have no clue. Im using a gmail and a Hotmail account and tested it out on both but after I click Yes it takes several hours to get the email. Before ( like 3 weeks ago ) It took not even 4 mins to get the email. Anything change on your end..?
Jan 15, 2015 1:31:04 pm EST
Hello Bobby,

Nothing special. That's pretty strange. Anyway, we are planning to seriously update and improve this specific email sending feature in the near future.
Jan 15, 2015 5:26:21 pm EST
Sounds great!  Also I re-tried the installation again today and got the email 2 mins after I hit yes in the installation. So I don't know... lol. But anyways looking forward to the updates.
Bretislav Duda, User (Posts: 8)
Feb 05, 2015 3:14:43 pm EST
Hello,
I have trouble with change color background.
Do not work any color background, always white.

Error or my mistake?

Thanks
Feb 05, 2015 3:41:39 pm EST
Hello Bretislav,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean the background setting in the Agent configuration process?
Feb 05, 2015 3:58:59 pm EST
I have black background and white text

Preview is ok

and after compile and finish ... background color not effect
Feb 05, 2015 4:07:53 pm EST
Bretislav, try to enable the check box "Do not stretch logo" and see if it resolves the issue.
Feb 05, 2015 5:09:18 pm EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Bretislav, try to enable the check box "Do not stretch logo" and see if it resolves the issue.

identical result with check box
Edited:Bretislav Duda - Feb 05, 2015 5:09:34 pm EST

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)