New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

voice & video chat

Links used in this discussion
manfredo aspesi, User (Posts: 6)
Apr 18, 2015 7:28:15 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Use Remote Utilities on 2 PC with Windows 7.
It does not work the option "Voice & Video Chat". When used in the "Viewer" not detected "devices" other Pc. I am configuring something wrong? or in this operating sisitema need to install any drivers? I tried to find on search but could not find anything
Thanks for the info you can give me
Edited:manfredo aspesi - Apr 18, 2015 7:31:23 pm EDT
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 20, 2015 11:20:59 am EDT
Hello Manfredo,

Thank you for your message.

Please, try the solution in this troubleshooting article.
Apr 20, 2015 10:42:07 pm EDT
Thank you for your prompt response.
I'll probably said test solution and will comment
Apr 21, 2015 2:34:00 pm EDT
Download the file and install it on the PC the "Viewer" and also the "Host". Follow the same problem. I captured images on the PC "Viewer
Apr 22, 2015 10:08:44 am EDT
Hello Manfredo,

So you have empty dropdown lists there, correct?
Apr 22, 2015 1:27:10 pm EDT
Yes, and the connection to the host PC has been done because I see the desktop of the pc
Apr 22, 2015 5:33:47 pm EDT
What about other applications that might use media devices? Do you have video sessions working in Skype, for example?
Apr 23, 2015 10:30:01 am EDT
Skype application type not used in both PC. If used view (windows media, youtube, etc.) films of all formats and also online on the internet. I have noticed with astonishment that if the PC Host OS is Win XP and PC viewer OS Win 7 Ultimate, in the Host hear what sent by the Viewer. Thank you for addressing this issue, and try to solve it. THANKS AGAIN
Apr 27, 2015 10:11:05 am EDT
Hello Manfredo,

If you still don't have the video working try to test if you can run Skype video session. Perhaps, there are some general issues with camera capture.

I have noticed with astonishment that if the PC Host OS is Win XP and PC viewer OS Win 7 Ultimate, in the Host hear what sent by the Viewer.

Could you please elaborate more on this? You mean, you run the Voice and video chat and can hear on the Host side what is being said on the Viewer side?
Apr 27, 2015 10:08:15 pm EDT
Skype install in PC Host and PC Viewer. In both passed the test sound and video Skype. Then PC1Viewer, and PC2Host and use RUT option "Voice & Video". In the window that opens I select "Voice & Video Chat". No voice nor video on both PC. Change PC1Host and PC2Viewer. Nor neither voice nor video. Then I select option "Voice Chat" and the voice is heard on both PC.
Clarified that the PCs have SO Win XP SP3. I am trying to prepare a table with PCs with Win XP SP3 and Win 7 Ultimate Sp1.
Thanks again for your interest in solving this problem
Edited:manfredo aspesi - Apr 27, 2015 10:15:06 pm EDT

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)