Community

Recommendation: right-click AGENT.exe, "Run as Administrator"

Angus Scott-Fleming, User (Posts: 11)
Jun 12, 2015 7:44:28 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
In tests using the temporary remote-support "agent.exe", I have discovered that if I have my remote-support client, after they have downloaded "agent.exe", right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator", I no longer need to have them authorize admin-level "Do you want XXX to make changes to this computer?" prompts or requests for the admin password, I can now do it myself.

For supporting remote home users who are administrators of their own computers, this is really helpful -- all they have to do is click "Yes" after starting Agent as admin.  They can then go back to watching TV or whatever ...

For supporting remote business users who are NOT admins of their own computers, this won't work unless they have an admin password available.  I tend NOT to supply admin passwords to my remote business clients but in this case it is required.  When I do this, I immediately change the admin password that I gave them to authorize "agent.exe" -- that lets me in as admin but keeps them from having an admin password.

Good-bye  [censored] ...
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jun 14, 2015 3:02:57 pm EDT
Hello Angus,

So is it good or bad?  

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)