Community

Second screen black

Links used in this discussion
Claude Cote, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 15, 2015 12:31:49 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have installed host on about 25 computers.  All those computers have 2 monitors. For some reasons, most of them are presenting a black screen for the second monitor on the viewer.  I tried to change many properties, like refresh rate, color bits, etc, with no luck.  I am using Windows 8.1 on all host and on the viewer computer as well.  Have the most recent version for both Host and Viewer. Any one has encountered this important issue?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jul 15, 2015 1:39:37 pm EDT
Hello Claude,

Have you tried all the solutions listed in  this troubleshooting article ?
Claude C, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 15, 2015 3:33:24 pm EDT
Yes, have verified all configurations (brought the option to the basic), have read the documentation but do not find anything on that specific issue.  Strange that the primary monitor appears but the space for the second one is total black.  Have the option for for 2 screens active.  When select Primary monitor, fine.  When I select second monitor, all black.  When I select both, half with the primary monitor OK and second half black.  Also, out of 25 computers, 15 are correct and about 10 have the same problem.  Thanks for helping.
Jul 15, 2015 4:18:39 pm EDT
Claude C,
Jul 15, 2015 4:19:53 pm EDT
Hi Claude,

What is common about all those 10 computers? Perhaps the graphics card, the operating system etc? That would be helpful for further diagnosing the issue.
Jul 16, 2015 8:00:10 am EDT
We found that the computers that has 1 video card, running 2 displays are working fine.  The computers that has 2 video cards, are not showing the secondary display.  So is there a way the host can recognize 2 video cards?  Also , we found that if, in Windows, we switch monitor as Primary, the viewer switch as well, meaning it always show the primary display only.
Edited:Claude C - Jul 16, 2015 8:06:13 am EDT
Jul 16, 2015 11:22:29 am EDT
Hello Claude,

That' valuable info. I will forward this to our developers and get back to you on this subject.
Jul 16, 2015 1:14:30 pm EDT
Claude,

You said you were using Windows 8.1 on the Host end. Did you try to enable this feature:

Host settings -> Options -> Use legacy capture mode

Remember to restart the Host service and/or the PC itself after enabling that option.
Jul 16, 2015 4:00:09 pm EDT
Conrad.   issue fixed with the Legacy mode.  I taught I did but I guess I missed it.  Wonderful product you have.
Jul 16, 2015 4:06:37 pm EDT
Good   Don't hesitate to ask me, if you need any assistance in the future.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)